On Jan 3, 3:26 pm, Jason Grout <jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> mabshoff wrote:
> > I would do all the work, but before I go off and do things I figured
> > it would be worth it to request feedback. When those two pages are
> > done I would then delete the other five pages and as things are
> > incorporated into the to be written spkgs I would then also delete
> > most of the current place holder wiki pages for the individual
> > packages. There are some pages like the Axiom one which has more info
> > than should go into the SPKG.txt of the FriCAS.spkg, so that one would
> > survive.
>
> > Thoughts?
>
> Can we "deprecate" the to-be-deleted pages first by deleting the content
> and pointing them to the new page for some period of time?

Well, my initial idea was to have an automatic redirect, but that
isn't possible with pure moinmoin, i.e. not without non-default
plugins. But I guess we can truncate the pages and then just add a
manual redirection notice along the lines

  "The content of this pages has been merged into $FOO"

with some notice to delete it after a given day, say 6 to 12 months in
the future.  I *really* dislike the verbose descriptive type of page
title since they are hard to find and unless you have some link even
harder to rediscover.

> Jason

Cheers,

Michael