On Jan 30, 9:55 pm, john_perry_usm <john.pe...@usm.edu> wrote:
> Hey, it turns out that you hit it on the money. While looking through
> it again, I noticed that when examining the source through sage
> (using ??) the source file was listed in the directory
>         /atlas/home/perry/nethome/sage-3.2.1/...
> instead of
>         /home/software/sage-3.2.1/...
> "nethome" is the place things are downloaded to. I subsequently copied
> it to the new place & thought that I had been running it from there
> for a long time.
>
> In fact, when I deleted the nethome version sage ran as usual, without
> complaining about $SAGE_ROOT having moved...but this time the source
> code showed up correctly.

Hmmm, I think in the future if something odd with SAGE_LOCAL is
detected we should just exit Sage and complain since this has caused
so much trouble. The documentation somewhere also recommends setting
SAGE_ROOT to an absolute path in the sage script which I consider a
bad, bad thing since these days symbolic linking sage works perfectly.
It didn't pre-Sage 3.0 or so.

> Thank you very much!
>
> john

Cheers,