On Feb 3, 12:36 am, Alexander Dreyer
<jan.alexander.dre...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi Alexander,

> Hi,> > Hi, I'm having the same error with 3.2.3 (on Gentoo x86_64). It seems
> > > to me that this '-Wl,-soname,libpolybori-0.5.0.so.0' is in the form in
> > > which options are given to the compiler in order to pass to the
> > > linker, but since this is running the linker directly it should just
> > > be -soname libpolybori-0.5.0.so.0. I grep out the line in the install
> > > log and change that part it seems to build the .so. I just don't know
> > > where to change "sonameprefix" such that it doesn't get changed back
> > > as soon as I run make. What constructs the SConstruct?
>
> one could set a custom SONAMEPREFIX in custom.py, which is at the very
> same position as:

Ok, I checked out your proposed fix and it is the same as I suggested,
so I am pleased.

Note that this fix in general depends on a GNU ld and it will utterly
break with a BSDis or Solaris ld. Not that this matters for Sage at
the moment since for Solaris as well as FreeBSD I am using GNU
binutils, but it will become an issue in the long term.

> > It is in the polybori-0.5rc.p6 .spkg in polybori-0.5rc.p6/patches/
> > SConstruct
>
> But, indeed we need a better default setting for the sonameprefix, so
> I prepare an according patch for the SConstruct file.
> See:http://polybori.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/polybori/PolyBoRi/SConstru...
>
> > but I would need to do that via a real build. Either way, the issue
> > with binutils version and suggested solution should be reported
> > upstream to the PolyBoRi people which I have CCed in case they don't
> > read *every* email to sage-devel [Tsk, tsk :p].
>
> Thanks, this makes it easier for use to react quickly.

Well, thanks for the quick fix, too :)

> Best regards,
>   Alexander

Cheers,