On Feb 4, 6:06 am, daveloeffler <dave.loeff...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi David,

> I've been doing some tinkering with the congruence subgroups code
> (because I'm lecturing a course on modular forms, and I think it's a
> nice idea that Sage should be able to do all the questions on my
> problem sheets).

I think we agree that this is an excellent idea, too :)

> As part of this, I'd like to split up the rather
> large file sage/modular/congroup.py, which has definitions for five
> different classes, into separate files in a subdirectory sage/modular/
> congroups.
>
> The problem I'm having is that I can't get my copy of Sage to copy the
> new subdirectory across into the build hierarchy. Also, if I remove
> the old files congroup.py and congroup_pyx.pyx in sage/modular, the
> build script crashes with a complaint about not being able to find
> congroup_pyx.pyx.

This seems related to the issue below, but if it still persists check
if there is any remanent in the build directory. Moving py and pyx
files can be tricky and we have thought of various measures to address
the problem, but nothing has been implemented yet.

> How do I update the table of file names that the build script is
> using?

My guess would be to add that new directory to the packages list in
devel/sage/setup.py

> David

Cheers,

Michael