On Feb 5, 10:29 am, Ronan Paixão <ronanpai...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> > Hmm, do you mean SSE only, i.e. no SSE2 or higher or no SSE at all. No
> > SSE2 or high might be doable once I revamp the build system via #2999-
> > #3001 by tightly controlling CFLAGS and friends. But honestly while
> > doing #2999-#3001 is a medium priority at the moment doing a SSE only
> > build of Sage does not even show up on my radar yet since that implies
> > original Athlon A for example and I would think you need to look into
> > some hardware museum to find those in action :). To quote wikipedia:
>
> Actually, I have an AthlonXP 2000+ (SSE only, no SSE2) as my home
> server. And it's working.

Yes, I also have a AthlonXP 2400+ and it does boot Win2K, but it does
also belong in a hardware museum. I booted it today to get some files
off it and it was painfully slow to do anything even compared to my
Core2Duo MacBook :)

> Too bad to know that, since I've always wanted to try Sage in it to use
> it's idle power, since it even appears to run faster than my Core Duo
> laptop.

Well, that would surprise me, but the likely culprit is the memory
subsystem of the Core Duo - not that it makes any difference which
part of the setup is at fault.

> Cheers,
> Ronan

Cheers,