On Feb 6, 1:47 am, mhampton <hampto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Three cheers! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!
>
> I think I've had things related to this crop up several times, and I
> am glad you have resolved it (crossing my fingers!).
>
> -Marshall

Well, we are not quite there yet, but if you don't want to do any more
development on a Sage install at least on OSX 10.5 you just delete
libpng.* and all is well, i.e. Sage passes its doctests and you can
execute any code that is linked against frameworks without penalty.

Building in that mode is a different story and upgrading will fail
unless you patch various packages that expect libpng to be there, but
as I mentioned I started sorting this out, so hopefully 3.4 will see
this issue dealt with once and for all. I have other various large
projects going for 3.4 that didn't make it into 3.3, so we shall see
how this works out. This project is less of a priority than the ecl
switch, the SSE2 only build for disting and the quadratic forms code
we need in Sage for SD 13, so I need to get sufficiently bored or
frustrated by these other projects to spend time on the libpng
issue :)

Cheers,

Michael