On Feb 8, 2:38 pm, dk <dan.kel...@dal.ca> wrote:

Hi Dan,

> Thanks, this
>
>   sage: from scipy.signal.filter_design import *
>   sage: butter(2r,0.5r)
>
> works beautifully.  I really appreciate the help provided (within
> moments!) on this list.
>
> PS. the reason I'm doing this in sage and not in scipy itself is that
> I can't build scipy on my machine (OSX 10.5 powerPC), and binaries are
> not supplied for this architecture.  Numpy builds without problems,
> though.

If you want "just" python + scipy + numpy you can run

 ./sage -python

and then you won't have to deal with the pesky preparser in Sage :)

Obviously there are many fun things in Sage besides scipy, so feel
free to explore all that code, too.

It is also possible to build Sage in 64 bit mode on OSX 10.5, but that
isn't officially supported yet since not all doctests pass.

> -- Dan

Cheers,

Michael