On Feb 10, 10:39 am, gedaliah <gwol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 9, 4:41 pm, mabshoff <mabsh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> <SNIP>

Hi,

> > Anyway, so more info on your system: How current a RHEL 4 system is
> > it? I have a RHEL 4.6 or 4.7 vmaware image, but I have never broken it
> > out to test the build of Sage on it. We could add it to our testing
> > lineup if there was sufficient demand.
>
> RHEL 4.7

Sounds current enough to me :)

> > We could also probably fix the issue by having gnutls not build any
> > Texi documentation since I don't think anyone would miss that. Another
> > possibility would be to edit the afftected file and throw out the
> > macros that cause the problems and replace them by something else.
>
> Edited out the euro macro and got past the gnutls. Now failing at
> atlas. Gzipped install log can be
> downloadedhttp://web.njit.edu/~gwolosh/install.log.gz.

You got

"res/ssymvN_5000_0 : VARIATION EXCEEDS TOLERENCE, RERUN WITH HIGHER
REPS."

So just restart the build via "make" do retune ATLAS. This is a long
standing annoyance that if the ATLAS tuning fails we do not restart
automatically, but it is high on my list of things to fix :)

> Thanks

Keep me in the loop about any other problems you see. If the gnutls
problem is the only one preventing us from building on RHEL 4.7 this
should be trivial to fix to add official support for RHEL 4.

Cheers,

Michael