On Feb 10, 11:31 pm, Craig Citro <craigci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You might want to remove the two sentences "The above issues boil down
> > to a handful of problems. All but one or two are identical to problems
> > with sparc/mark." from the Solaris porting slide and instead add a
> > link to the main Solaris porting page
> > athttp://wiki.sagemath.org/solaris/sage-3.3
>
> Also, in those two sentences about "identical to problems with xxx" --
> are the two lines intended to be switched,

Probably. I don't have the PDF any more, so I cannot check. Initially
I had fulvia and mark switched, so I might not have switched all the
needed bits in the wiki, but I will correct it there.

> i.e. to say that the
> sparc/mark problems are similar to the x86/fulvia ones?

The point of that sentence was supposedly to make it clear that aside
from the coercion issue related to number fields, some numerical
noise, the pow() axis issue as well as the sympow build issue on
Solaris x86 (which has a patch, but isn't in the spkg yet) the
majority of bugs is common to both systems.

Counting the number of issues with known fixes the number of doctest
failure should be single digit on both Solaris architectures in
3.3.rc0 + patches. What remains to be done is to clean those up and
merge them back. Some of the remaining issues are harder to fix - at
least to me, so I will make a more specific list of what is to fix and
ping people off list.

> -cc

Cheers,

Michael