Dear Sage-Devel,

I'd like to announce our Sage package for the computation of
cohomology rings with coefficients in GF(p) for finite p-groups.

The trac ticket is at http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/6491
and the documentation at
http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/SimonKing/Cohomology/

Let me draw your attention to the fact that with this package we were
able to compute the cohomology rings for all groups of order 128 and
for all but six groups of order 243. These data are available on
sage.math, and the package is able to download them. The result for
the groups of order 64 are included in the package.

Note that these computations for order 128 and 243 seemed to be far
beyond the realm of possibilities. As much as I know, Sage is
currently the only CAS that can do those things (only with the
package, of course....).

Since it depends on the SmallGroups library being installed, the
package can only be an optional package. Actually I don't know the
inclusion procedure for new packages, but I am sure you will tell
me...

Cheers,
    Simon