Yes, and it's easy to modify the existing script to do that.

Has anyone tried using -bdist (whatever that is) to make the clickable
app lately?  It seems that it wasn't exactly broken, if memory serves,
just that it wasn't optimal for some reason so it didn't become the
default way to produce Mac binaries...

- kcrisman