On Jul 31, 4:47 pm, David Joyner <wdjoy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe I don't understand your question. It seems you are claiming that
> if G is a permutation group and H is a normal subgroup then
> the quotient G/H embeds into G. Are you sure that is true?

In general, no it isn't. We have the short exact sequence
to embed G/H into G we would need it to split, which would mean that
the extension is trivial, or that G factorizes as a product of H and G/
H.

I haven't looked at the code, but looks like the presentation is built
by permutations on itself (sort of Cayley theorem-like). Since in the
example the quotient group should has order 6, it can always be
represented as a subgroup of S_6.