kstueve wrote:

> On Jul 27, 3:11 am, David Kirkby <david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:

>> But for reserach purposes, symbolic results is a niche interest area
>> and one where I feel Sage could be a 'must have' tool. But for general
>> circuit simulation, I believe the tool shown is too limited.
>>
>> Would the oriiginal author of CircuitEngine be interested in
>> substituing his numeric solving for symbolic solving? In that case,

> I have been very interested in implementing symbolic solving.

Well Kevin, if you are interested in implementing symbolic solving, then
I think that could be a great addition to Sage.

Certainly a look at the papers on 'Nodal' which was available for
Mathematica

http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/Articles/2225/
http://www.macallanconsulting.com/nodalinfo.htm
http://140.177.205.65/infocenter/Books/48/
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/login.jsp?url=http%3A%2F%2Fieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fiel1%2F2219%2F11082%2F00503156.pdf%3Farnumber%3D503156&authDecision=-203

would be worth looking at.

When I looked on Sourceforge, I believe there was a tool which did
symbolic circuit analysis, but I doubt it would have the huge range of
underlying maths that Sage has.

What do others think about a symbolic, rather than a numeric circuit
analysis package for Sage? To me at least, there are enough good free
numeric based tools around. For symbolic, there are few if any.