On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Jason Grout
<jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:

> What about nintegrate/nintegral?  We don't have these now (as top-level
> functions), but they would mirror nicely the integral/integrate
> commands.  Should we only define one of them?

Is integral_numerical a possibility (for those who like tab-completions)?
There are a lot of commands which don't play nice with tab-completion
(eg, matrix_plot) but it is nice if we could at least add this as an alias.
Also, a former colleague liked Maple's choice of designing the syntax
of integral
and that of plot (and the 3d versions) to be very similar. That way a
student could compute an area and plot the area with roughly the same
syntax. Does that seem reasonable?