On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Nick Alexander <ncalexan...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Note that we already do that for things like parametric_plot,
>> derivatives, etc.
>
> And it's a continual pain in the ass.  Telling the difference between
> a list, tuple, sequence, iterator, vector, multiple arguments, etc...
> in Python, it's just all so inconsistent.  But it seems like the
> feature is wanted, so no matter how inconsistent and buggy it all is,
> we'll add it.
>
> Nick

Nick,

I just want to personally thank you for your comments in this thread
(and others!).  I think they were extremely helpful and clarifying, at
least to me, in understanding the issue being discussed and coming up
with several examples to... show you are in fact right.   If it hadn't
been for your comments, we could very well have ended up making an
incorrect design decision.

Thanks,

William