IMHO, this conversation should be a new thread,
on sage-devel not on sage-support.
(It was "[sage-support] SAGE and .NET interoperability".  )

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 1:24 AM, Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > By the way, anything new about moving to the newest GAP version?
>>
>> Somebody should post a new spkg.  Then I'll test it on Itanium and see
>> whether or not it works.  If not, then it doesn't go in, but we can at
>> least report the problem again to the GAP list.

Incidently, a long time ago I made an spkg for gap 4.4.12
http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/wdj/patches/gap_packages-4.4.12_0.spkg
Perhaps it could be useful now or maybe one has to start form scratch.