On Mar 19, 10:46 am, mmarco wrote:
> I would need to deal with exterior algebras, and as far as i have
> seen, they are not defined in sage. I could try working on
> implementing them, but i have no idea how to build the corresponding
> class in sage.
>
> What should be the appropiate aproach? Is there some documentation
> about how to build new ring classes?.

Here is an implementation of exterior algebras in sage:

http://sporadic.stanford.edu/bump/exterior.sage

This uses combinatorial_algebra.py. That has a deprecation
warning (do not use). I think that means that you should not
use it for code that is going into Sage itself, but it sure is
handy to be able to implement a ring in just a few lines.

The exterior algebra on [0, 1, 2, 3]

After attaching the file, you can do this:

sage: E = ExteriorAlgebra(4); E
sage: [x0, x1, x2, x3] = E.generators()
sage: x0*x1
x0*x1