Hi,

As some additional points of interest/questions for this problem:

1. Version 2.7.2 was the last Sage version which could be installed.
We tried most versions since then (latest 4.4.2), and they all failed
with the same error.

2. It is always the same package which fails. We don't have any other
installation problems in our system, so we wonder if that package
might be faulty in some way? Is there some difference with that
package compared to other packages (in the Sage-build)?

3. Is that package needed? Is there some way we can prevent it from
being used/built?

Thanks again!

Matthew