Done: trac #9673 (http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/9673). I
asked for clear semantics of the "-tnew" flag, but from Simon's reply,
this answers my question. Wouldn't it make sense, then, to have a flag
for testing all changed files _as well as those depending on them_
(just as the -b flag works, I guess)?

By the way, I'm sorry if I have carried this thread somewhat off
track.