On 2010-08-03 19:11, William Stein wrote:
> How about if whenever somebody runs
>
>    make testlong
>
> at the end an email is sent to saget...@gmail.com that contains some
> information:
>
>     * description of platform (OS + hardware)
>     * list of files where tests failed
>     * version of sage being tested

How do you define "version of sage being tested"?  I do "make testlong"
all the time on various versions of Sage with various combinations of
spkg's installed with various patches applied.  Your hypothetical script
should really detect all this, because if you ask people only to run
"make testlongreport" on a vanilla Sage, they will sooner or later screw
up and do it on a custom version.

Jeroen.