On Dec 1, 6:40 pm, David Kirkby <david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:

(In a letter apparently addressed to WRI and posted here...)..

> To save any further discussions on the Sage developers list about
> whether the use of WolframAlpha in the way I explained would be
> permissible, could you please clarify the matter.

Why would WRI pay its lawyers to give you legal advice.  Much simpler
just ignore or, or just say that if it is not clearly within the
guidelines, then no.

But as Tom said, just using Mathematica does the job.

You say that Sage is different and not competing with Mathematica and
Wolfram|Alpha.

Yet this is so obviously in conflict with the mission statement that
you quote.

If you have not already posted that letter to WRI, I suggest you not
send it.

RJF