On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 11:14 AM, luisfe <lftab...@yahoo.es> wrote:

> On Dec 3, 7:54 pm, Niles <nil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> A couple of the patches I've been working on are failing the new
>> automatic testing because some ticket attachments are being applied
>> that shouldn't be -- is there a way to fix this myself without
>> becoming a trac administrator?
>
> +1 to this, that happens in many tickets. You look why it does not
> apply and see that there are usually old patches than should not be
> applied. Deleting patches is a bad idea if you are not an
> administrator and you have not submitted the patch. Also, sometimes
> the order of the patches is also important. So this would not solve
> the problem. Maybe tickets should have a field with the ordered list
> of patches to be applied. This would also mechanize some job of the
> release manager.

It has some heuristics, but it's far from perfect. As people learn the
conventions of the buildbot, and the buildbot learns the conventions
of people, this will improve. Deleting old patches is not the right
solution, instead, write the following in any comment:

    Apply foo.pyx, foo2.pyx

This will "reset" the patch list at that point, any added patches will
get (semi-intellegently) appended to the list.

This will help reviewers who are applying things manually as well :).

- Robert