Hi,

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 00:42:38 -0700 (PDT)
Eviatar <eviatarb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am working on a physical constants module, but for whatever reason I
> can't get it to correctly import the units module.
>
> I import the units class using "from units import units", but I get:
>
> <snip>
>
> /home/eviatar/sage-4.7-linux-64bit-ubuntu_10.04.1_lts-x86_64-Linux/
> local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sage/symbolic/all.py in <module>()
>      12 from units import units
>      13
> ---> 14 import physical_constants
>      15
>      16
>
> <snip backtrace>
>
> Is it a problem that physical_constants is imported in all.py along
> with the units module? Because when I run the file using %run, there
> is no error. I don't see what other way there is to do it though.

You introduce a circular import when you add the import statement for
physical constants to sage/symbolic/all.py.

The first part of the traceback looks exactly like the one from #11116.
I was just trying to clean up some of those dependencies. The patch
attached to that ticket doesn't solve the problem there, but it might
help you.

http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/attachment/ticket/11116/trac_11116-fix_imports.patch

Cheers,
Burcin