2011/11/7 Francois Bissey <francois.bis...@canterbury.ac.nz>:

> Hi Paulo,
>
> You are using python-2.7 right? In #9958 I have a list of patches
> as long as my arm to deal with the numerical noise and changes
> in warnings.

  Yes, python 2.7.2. Thanks for the hint on the patches. They appear
to address exactly a good share of the doctest failures I noticed.

> For mpmath/sympy in gentoo we are now using sympy-0.7.1 with
> the patches I wrote. This will land in sage-4.8.0 proper. Now for
> Gentoo I wrote a sympy package in which I removed mpmath and
> forced sympy to use the system mpmath.
> http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/dev-
> python/sympy/sympy-0.7.1.ebuild?revision=1.2&view=markup
> and:
> http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/dev-
> python/sympy/files/sympy-0.7.1-mpmath.patch?revision=1.1&view=markup

  I am going to use these patches also.

> I have been patching sage to use whatever version of png on the
> system for a while - since 1.4 has become stable on gentoo at least.

  Most things just work with png15, but others fail miserably, due to
requiring access to internal data structures no longer exported...
Mandriva actually did jump from png12 to png15, afaik was submitted
without much testing, probably because latest firefox configure wants it.

> Francois

Thanks,
Paulo