On Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:51:19 PM UTC-8, Nathann Cohen wrote:

> Hello everybody !!!
>
> I have been contacted by an enlightened colleague who planned to teach a
> bit of Sage at the local university, instead of Magma and Mathematica as it
> was formerly done. Now, enthusiasm is a wonderful thing that can achieve
> many things by itself, and for instance to the scary task of translating a
> semester's worth of Magma/Mathematica exercises and lecture notes into Sage
> ones.
>
> But really.. Wouldn't it be much much easier if someone around here
> already knew of an index of equivalents between Mathematica/Sage or
> Magma/Sage ? :-)

For a start, you could try looking at the files mathematica.py and magma.py
(etc.) in SAGE_ROOT/devel/sage/sage/
interfaces/.  If you have a bunch of Mathematica code and want to convert
it to Sage, it looks like you could try commands like

            sage: m = mathematica('Sin[Sqrt[1-x^2]] * (1 - Cos[1/x])^2')  #
optional - mathematica
            sage: m.sage()                          # optional - mathematica
            (cos(1/x) - 1)^2*sin(sqrt(-x^2 + 1))

--
John