On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 16:20:50 Guilherme Brondani Torri wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I jut tried to compile Sage 4.8 and 5.0.beta1 on a OS X 10.6.8 (Snow
> Leopard) without success.
>
> I just did:
> export MAKE="make -j8"
> make
>
> Even after R fails the compilation goes a bit further and stops.  Please
> see in attach the and r-2.14.0 log. Also attached the environment
> variables form install.log.
>
> For some reason R cannot find the symbols, it seems that the symbol *is*
> available on the system, but the Sage lib doesn't have it. See below the
> inspection of the libraries R tries to reach.
>
> guilherme$ nm /usr/local/lib/libgomp.1.dylib | grep get_address
>                   U ___emutls_get_address
> guilherme$ nm
> /Users/guilherme/sage-5.0.beta1/local/lib//libgcc_s.1.dylib | grep
> get_address
> <nothing>
>
> Symbol is in another library:
>
> guilherme$ nm /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib | grep get_address
> 0000000000011450 T ___emutls_get_address
>
> I hope is not my system that is causing the failure.
> Any ideas?
Looking at your R build log I'd say you have an issue with LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
You are after a symbol used by libgomp which is implementing openmp feature in
gcc, I am guessing you have installed some stuff in /usr/local (a gcc?).
In any case I am guessing this symbol should be provided by
/usr/local/libcc_s.1.dylib or possibly something else provided by xcode. But
because LD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't include this location the linker is searching
in $SAGE_LOCAL/lib.
So what does your LD_LIBRARY_PATH read at this point and do you have
/usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib ?

Francois