On Saturday, March 30, 2013 6:00:41 AM UTC+1, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:

> I'm here at the Sage-GIT workshop and it's very clear that the switch to
> GIT is happening.

Sorry for jumping in late, but I have only recently started using Sage, and
I might want to contribute some smaller patches in the future (e.g. for
[1]).
I am happy to hear about the switch to Git, but can you please repeat "in a
nutshell", why this switch is done?
I have not found out from the list archive so far, other than the desire of
having a unified repository - which probably could have also been done in
Mercurial. And the wiki page of the recent "Git Sage Days" [2] only says
"Motivate the choice of GIT as DVCS" under "Still to be done, necessary
now" :-)

Best regards,
Robert

[1] "Solving rational inequality should give simplified result",
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sage-devel/QLEFLgkuXRg/bFAbvp6UWXwJ
[2] http://wiki.sagemath.org/sagedaysgit/status