Hi there.

On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 04:00:39PM +0200, Harald Schilly wrote:
> splitting it apart for debian does happen right now.

what does "not compiling python if its already there" to do with
"splitting apart"? (replace "python" with any other packagename).

indeed its just the contrary, I am working on a build system that will
eventually put all core parts of sage in one huge package ("sagelib").

> e.g. sage-highschool == "sympy + ipython + matplotlib" in my point of view.

package presets on toplevel would be totally great! parts of the sage
python library already are optional, making the others optional should
be feasible in a similar way...

regards
felix