Hi,

For anybody reading this thread, a reminder about how to use the
systemwide ATLAS (at least on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS).  Just do this before
building Sage:

         apt-get install libatlas3gf-base liblapack-dev
         cd /usr/lib/
         ln -s libatlas.so.3gf libatlas.so
         ln -s libcblas.so.3gf libcblas.so
         ln -s libf77blas.so.3gf libf77blas.so
         export SAGE_ATLAS_LIB="/usr/lib/"

I'm personally done with building ATLAS...

William

William Stein
Professor of Mathematics
University of Washington