On Friday, January 10, 2014 6:30:12 AM UTC-10, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:

> I thought the policy was to *never* remove old pickles?

http://www.sagemath.org/doc/developer/coding_basics.html#the-pickle-jar
says:

Warning Sage’s pickle jar helps to ensure backward compatibility in sage.
Pickles should only be removed from the pickle jar after the corresponding
objects have been properly deprecated. Any proposal to remove pickles from
the pickle jar should first be discussed on sage-devel.

I agree it would be best to use the override mechanism, though it might be
an unjustifiable amount of work depending on how much the new kSchur
implementation changed. If it  comes down to keeping a bunch of dead code
vs. removing something from the pickle jar, we should just do the latter.

"Tradition is a guide and not a jailer"