I voted against the code of conduct, as I did not feel it was well
thought out. Nothing has changed my mind about that - in fact the
discussions just seem to reinforce my view. But that aside, I respect
the decision of a majority.

I always felt it was bad to have Sage developers making decisions
based on submissions to sage-abuse. When William listed the 12 "top"
contributors and suggested making them the people for sage-abuse, I
said I wanted no part of it, despite  I just got into that list as
#`12.

While I am all for openly sharing ideas and code, it is unreasonable
to expect everything to be open. Since there is going to be a way of
reporting someone for bad behavior, I think there is a valid argument
for that being done privately.  Having a list readable to anyone is
likely to lead to considerable bad feeling for both those reporting
abuse, and those accused of it.

I know a few people wanted that list publicly viewable. I do
understand their reasons, and there are some advantages in that. But
there are some pretty serious disadvantages too. Soon I can see two
lists being producing

a) The number of times each individual has complained. This could be
used to imply they are overly sensitive.

b) The number of times an individual has been complained about.

I think both would be bad.

I wonder how man-hours have been spent on this code of conduct? Far
too many I feel.

Dave