Le 27/11/2014 11:29, Nathann Cohen a écrit :
Of course, proposing the statu quo may be unpopular ;-). Another solution I
can propose is to keep f.coefficients() as it is, make f.coeffs() an alias
of the former, and only keep f.list() for the list of all the coefficients.
If I understand what you said, you want "coefficients" to be left
unchanged for compatibility reasons with other classes, and you want
an easy way to get the *list* of coefficients too. While I do not see
why this dense/sparse=True argument would be a problem (it is only
optional, the default behaviour would not change), what about doing
that:

1) Remove .coeffs
2) Update the doc of coefficients to hint that the *list* of
coefficients can be obtained through list(P), or P.list ?
You understand correctly, and I agree with your proposal (especially writing in the documentation of .coefficients how to get the full list of coefficients).

Bruno