On Saturday, 29 November 2014 21:56:32 UTC, William wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 5:53 AM, Dima Pasechnik <dim...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
> > On 2014-11-15, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I guess the upgrade to patch broke more optional packages:
> >>
> >> sage -i normaliz
> >>
> >> gcc version 4.8.2 (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1)
> >> ****************************************************
> >> patching file source/Makefile.configuration
> >> (Stripping trailing CRs from patch; use --binary to disable.)
> >> patching file Singular/normaliz.lib
> >> Hunk #1 FAILED at 1371 (different line endings).
> >> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> Singular/normaliz.lib.rej
> >> Error: Couldn't apply patch.
> >>
> >> real    0m0.010s
> >> user    0m0.005s
> >> sys     0m0.005s

> >> Error installing package normaliz-2.8.p0
> >
> > OK, I'll try updating normaliz to the current version (2.12.1).
>
> Ping -- still broken after 11 days...

oops, sorry. It is not 100% straightforward to upgrade due to a bug in MPIR
that gcc update uncovered.
I did some work on this on my office desktop, and then lost some files
there due
to some network screwup...

I can post a quick ticket to upgrade the existing spkg (which is easy), or
it can take
few more days.

Dima