Hi!

Concerning the support problematic for ARM, Windows etc:

We should ask ourselfs if we need a more minimal Sage distribution, which
is easily portable to
ALL Platforms. The main problem with Sage on many platforms is, that some
packages often fail to build.
Especially C based packages as troublemakers.

I absolutely don't want to close out these packages! But we should consider
a subset of Sage (let's call it MiniSage)
which is easier portable and more slender, but which contains enough
functionality for the average user.
This gives the developers more time to polish out problems with packages of
the traditional Sage,
while maintaining and improving functionality of the core set on the device
in question.

That would come to the following new structure:
Minimal Packages (MiniSage)-> Core Packages (traditional Sage) -> optional
Packages ...

-Stefan