I have been thinking of converting polybori to distutils the same way that
cvxopt does
thing. It may turn out not to be possible without a bit of auto tools because
of polybori
builds proper libraries not just python extensions.
But at best it is a band aid as no more development will be done.
Someone else would have to step up to maintain the code in the long term
even without new development.

François