>We cannot be satisfied with returning wrong answers in the meantime,
however.

I support Nathann's position.

> Returning 'Unknown' instead of nonsense would be a good first step.

I disagree. That Unknown class/object should not be comparable/convertible
to True/False,

especially

 if not Unknown
 if Unknown
 if Unknown == True
 if Unknown == False

should fail

otherwise developers will introduce tons of bugs like

if not bool(sin(x) <= 100+cos(x)) :

And it does not fail:

sage: Unknown ==True
False
sage: Unknown ==False
False
sage: Unknown ==Unknown
True
sage: not Unknown
True

@Volker

> Its just behaving as specified, False means "cannot decide"

I find, this was a pretty unfortunate specification.
I think it would be kind of ok in case
'bool()' would be named 'Holds_If_True_Otherwise_Unknown()' instead

Jakob