> In the interest of reducing the work required for supporting Python 3,
> unless there is some champion out there who wants to do the hard work
> making sagenb work with Python 3, the sage notebook will not be joining the
> rest of sage with Python 3.

That would be really bad for backward incompatibility unless you mean "Sage
will support Python 2 and 3, but the notebook will only run under 3".  Even
the likely-appearing SMC "personal edition" is really not the same.

> So, with that said, is there anyone interested in porting (and
> maintaining) sagenb to python 3?

https://github.com/sagemath/sagenb/issues/343

I mean, how many Python 2-isms can there be in sagenb?   (Other than
formatting, which we've already been trying to encourage people to switch
over - I don't know that there are a lot of print statements.  Presumably
there are other things.)