> Is Sage's unsigned_infinity intended to model complex infinity?
>>>

>> What else would it be?
>>

> Well, you can compactify a line
> - into a segment by adding two points (-oo, +oo),
> - into a circle by adding one point (oo).

To me, unsigned_infinity could refer to that,
> and could be unrelated to complex infinity.

Indubitably that is why it was called "unsigned" infinity.  My point is
that the same 'comparison' problems would occur in either context, assuming
you can embed the circle into the Riemann sphere as the real axis +
\hat{\infty}.  So I'm not sure why the distinction would be needed in this
event.