On Mon, 15 Feb 2016, Nathann Cohen wrote:

(in the long run improvements to Sage make everyone involved in the project
more secure financially, yourself including, no?)

How so ? Do I get a share of William's profits when he sells SMC ?

Being an advanced Sage user or developer is a small plus when applying a job at university. If Sage will be more used, then being an advanced Sage user or developer will be bigger plus. Just like knowing Python has more value than knowing LISP.

Because it seems that he earns money with our free work here.

Is that bad? Is William funding some terrorist group, or invest to a tobacco company etc? If not, I can see no harm.

--
Jori Mäntysalo