leif wrote:
> Erik Bray wrote:
>> While we're tinkering with the workflow, I think we need to change the
>> workflow associated with testing changes.
>>
>> Currently the release manager *closes* a ticket and marks it as
>
> s/currently the release manager/the current release manager/ ;-)
>
>> "fixed" when merging the change for testing.  This really makes no
>> sense--if the tests fail the issue is not "fixed".  After
>> "positive_review" can we add a "in testing" status or the like (from
>> which the next stages can be either back to "needs_work" or
>> "resolved".
>
> We had at least one lengthy discussion regarding that in the past (last
> time probably a year ago? -- too lazy to search the thread[s] now, but
> they're certainly worth reading [again]).

See (for example) "Race condition when closing tickets" [1] and its
"follow-up" "Pushing to tickets after setting it to positive_review is
incompatible with the current workflow" [2] from April/May last year.

-leif

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mathematics.sage.devel/78952

[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mathematics.sage.devel/79018