On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 3:08 PM, Volker Braun <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whenever you switch to a branch with a different working set you change
> timestamps of modified files. Git does not track timestamps. Updated
> timestamps cause recompilation.

So... instead of using timestamps, maybe Cython should use file hashes
to determine whether or not to recompile code?    My distant memory of
when we first wrote the cython dep code for Sage long long ago was
that I used timestamps, then Craig Citro or Robert Bradshaw wrote
something better using hashes, but I'm not sure.  I'm cc'ing them in
case they have any thoughts.

--
William (http://wstein.org)