On 11 October 2016 at 16:44, Jeroen Demeyer <jdeme...@cage.ugent.be> wrote:
> On 2016-10-11 09:38, Eric Gourgoulhon wrote:
>>
>> [sagelib-7.4.rc0] sage/rings/finite_rings/integer_mod.pyx:1688:10:
>> '_floordiv_' already defined
>

> It seems that this machine is running the Sage patchbot within a Sage shell,
> which is not supported. Because of this, the environment variable
> PIP_INSTALL is set to a wrong value, so the fix from #21441 is not applied.
>
> In logs/install.log there is
>
> *** ALL ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES BEFORE BUILD: ***
> SAGE_ENV_SOURCED=4
>
> This shouldn't be there. Whether you are using the patchbot or not, you
> should not build Sage within a Sage shell.
>
> Concrete suggestions:
>
> 1. Stop this patchbot
>
> 2. Rebuild Python (./sage -f python2)
>
> 3. Run the patchbot properly, see https://wiki.sagemath.org/buildbot/details

I will do that -- but I have never done anything other than follow
those instructions, and never knowking started running the patchbot
inside a Sage shell!  I have had trouble stopping and restarting the
patchbot (I think I might have asked here about that but was not
helped by the replies).  When I stop it with Ctrl-C the current
directory (SAGE_ROOT) has the branch patchbot/base checked out.  I
don't know whether I should now go to a different branch before Step
2?

If this will take up more than epsilon of my time I'll just have to
stop the thing (I just did) and not restart it at all.  I was only
trying to help but if I cause problems to others I'll just not bother.

John