Hi sage-devel,

we're almost ready to upload Sage to Debian (in fact we basically have to
upload it this week to make sure it's included in the next Debian release).

However, on Sunday python 2.7.13rc1 was uploaded to Debian and now we are
facing a bug that I didn't quite manage to work around yet and that blocks
any development at the moment.

This happens whenever Unknown is imported, meaning during the docbuild and
when starting sage:

    from sage.misc.unknown import Unknown
  File "<BUILDDIR>/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sage/misc/unknown.py",
line 164, in <module>
    Unknown = UnknownClass()
  File "sage/misc/classcall_metaclass.pyx", line 330, in
sage.misc.classcall_metaclass.ClasscallMetaclass.__call__
(<CYTHONIZED>/sage/misc/classcall_metaclass.c:1413)
  File "sage/misc/cachefunc.pyx", line 1059, in
sage.misc.cachefunc.CachedFunction.__call__
(<CYTHONIZED>/sage/misc/cachefunc.c:6080)
  File
"<BUILDDIR>/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sage/structure/unique_representation.py",

line 1022, in __classcall__
    instance = typecall(cls, *args, **options)
  File "sage/misc/classcall_metaclass.pyx", line 497, in
sage.misc.classcall_metaclass.typecall
(<CYTHONIZED>/sage/misc/classcall_metaclass.c:1862)
TypeError: sage.misc.fast_methods.WithEqualityById.__new__(UnknownClass) is
not safe, use object.__new__()

I'm pretty sure it's caused by the change of
https://bugs.python.org/issue5322
which is included in python 2.7.13rc1.

I hope you can help me to fix this, or at least provide a workaround.

Best,
Tobias