> I am not having any problem starting the notebook. You might genuinely be
> out of memory, or hard drive space.

I am not having trouble starting the notebook either, but I can not do
anything with it, also, no, I am not running out of memory nor hard disk
space.

I have increased the amount of virtual memory usable by windows to a
ridiculous amount and I am running everything and monitoring my system at
the same time and memory/hard disk space do not run out. Perhaps the amount
of memory or hard disk space allocated by windows to the linux subsystem
does actually run out, but I do not know how to check that. I related the
problem with the windows update, as exactly before the update everything
ran smoothly and right after the update sage never ran again. I do not
think this is a coincidence...