I was never a big user of the old notebooks but I had several lying
around.  This conversion worked pretty well for me.  The only things I
noticed were the following (which are maybe known):

@ macros such as \QQ and \ZZ in (mathjax) text blocks were not
recognised.  The Sage notebook must have had a list of these
somewhere.  Replacing manually by \mathbb{Q} worked fine.  Is there a
place where macros are predefined?

@ cells with %gp and %magma were not recognised as being different.  I
could put %magma followed by a magma command on the same line, but it
was useful to put %magma just once at the top of a cell and have the
whole cell interpreted using magma.

John