> > i guess we already discussed about that on
> >
> https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/sage-devel/$20Organisation$20of$20online$20$3A$20survey$20of$20developers|sort:relevance/sage-devel/vc2lXsjDwYU/2DswQOyNAQAJ

Did we reach a conclusion? The plan I outlined still holds.

> > If you can not refrain to remove pages, please *rename* them instead of
> > deleting and reecreate an alternative, so that we can follow their
> > history.

At this point, I figure that if there are needed pages, then there wouldn't
be duplicates. Most pages had another name that allowed MoinMoin to suggest
a similarly named page (ex. /LinearAlgebraSEP
<http://wiki.sagemath.org/LinearAlgebraSEP> doesn't exist after I renamed
it to SEP/LinearAlgebra <http://wiki.sagemath.org/SEP/LinearAlgebra>, but
works perfectly fine in suggesting.) I rely on that feature to help users
try to find the designated page - that would have exactly the same content.
It's better for anyone who would stumble across any system page to find
what's right. From above, I don't think that there are any major links to
these smaller pages that couldn't be solved from a simple search (assuming
familiarity with MoinMoin).

> > Also, a big grid table is definitely *not* a way to organize a wiki, it
> is
> > way too rigid,

The terrible excuse here is that it's a work in progress. It still *is a
wiki*, so it's the best way I could think of that was supported that shows
what pages' purposes were (or are, if updated often).

and the table markup makes it hard to modify for most
> > users. A wiki is not a spreadsheet. It is better to organize
> semantically,
> > by thematics, with sections, not a single grid mixing everything with
> > flags.

It'd be nice to have something like a map to show connections, but I don't
think we can embed JS, or create some database. It's also hard to keep up
with changes, so if someone changes the style and tone of content, any
multilevel listing (or listing whatever the different types of pages) would
need to change accordingly. We're not the Arch Wiki, so I shouldn't assume
that this is important enough (shown in the discussion above) that it *would
continue to be accurate*. My categorization is confusing, but I don't know
what should be done that would please the greatest number of people.