7.5.1 failed to build. Looks like the same error as before. I'll try
Steven's linked suggestion with 7.6, and see if that flies.

Thanks for all your help, by the way!

One suggestion: if the OPENBLAS_CONFIGURE="TARGET=ATOM" make command builds
everything correctly, then maybe the next version of Sage could automate
processor detection and do the right switches on that basis?

Cheers.