Hello, I had this problem with plotting fans in Sage 8.0 which still works
in Sage 7.6. The problem breaks down to the following piece of code:

cones = [Cone([(0,1),(1,0)]),Cone([(-2,-1),(-1,-3)]),Cone([(0,1),(-2,-1)]),
Cone([(-1,-3),(1,0)])]
F = Fan(cones)
F.plot()

I get an "unable to simplify to float approximation" error. So looking
at geometry/toric_plotter.py and plot/disk.py, one of the calculations it
could boil down to is:

float(arctan2(RDF(-3),RDF(-1)))

Here the same error occurs. Due to the RDF ring, the function arctan2 now
returns a good value with a small imaginary part such that it cannot be
floated.

Hopefully, this issue can be resolved in some way.

Carlo Verschoor.