When I read in files containing a lot of data I don't format the files
to be python code but just data, then write a python function to parse
the input.  Mostly my data files are not so large as yours, but I have
processed larger ones such as the ones at
https://math.dartmouth.edu/~jvoight/hmf.html which are in fact files
designed to be read in by Magma (just as yours for GAP), but we have
Sage/python code to read it in line by line with no problem.  For
example the file data_6_01997632 there is this big:
$ wc  data_6_01997632
       91    426892 141419775 data_6_01997632
(i.e. 140MB) and reading it in is instantaneous (before doing any processing):

sage: f = open("data_6_01997632")
sage: %time for L in f.readlines(): n=len(L)
CPU times: user 28 ms, sys: 48 ms, total: 76 ms
Wall time: 72.9 ms

Your job would then be to write your data in a way which makes parsing
the input relatively easy.

John