Since the people in the thread "proposal: downgrade libtheora to
experimental package"
at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sage-devel/olOxh1f6-cc were
quite in favour of going even further then just downgrading it here a
concrete proposal:

remove the optional libogg and libtheora packages completely from sage.

for motivation one can see the other thread. Short summary, they don't seem
to add anything a lot of value to sage the library and shipping video and
audio codecs is not really a goal of sage the distribution, so we should
not include them even as optional package. Furthermore installing libtheora
is currently broken.

The main reason why I start this new thread is that I think it should be
clear from just the subject title what the proposed change is, so that the
sage developers not reading all the details of a long discussion don't feel
surprised if these packages are suddenly gone.

If people have any objections to this please let me know.